Manager – US Sales and Key Accounts
About the company
Calcey is a boutique software engineering company providing dedicated, agile teams of software engineers, from Colombo, Sri Lanka to international clients across the globe. Founded in 2002, Calcey predominantly serves fast-growing, small to medium scale technology companies (see client portfolio). Through its 140 strong team, Calcey provides the full suite of services and skills for building complex, bespoke software including; UX design, business analysis, software architecture, development, and testing. Expertise in data visualization, machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) were recently added to this portfolio via a new business unit.
About the role
Calcey’s early clients are predominantly technology companies from US West Coast. Calcey’s Founder and CEO – Mangala Karunaratne, worked in the technology industry in Silicon Valley for a number of years before starting the company and was a resident in California until 2012. Since his return to Sri Lanka, Calcey has managed its existing accounts in the US and closed new deals via an in-house team in Colombo. Calcey is now looking to re-establish an on-ground presence in the US with the objective of improving the management of current client accounts and generating new sales.
Calcey is seeking an all-round technology sales professional capable of;
- Building a quick rapport with current clients and new prospects, to understand their needs, initiate and follow-up on conversations to grow revenue.
- Understanding Calcey’s offering and positioning Calcey as an experienced and capable technology consultant with clients and new prospects.
- Independently prospecting for new sales leads.
- Initiating conversations with new leads to understand their technology resourcing needs and the requirements for software solutions they wish to develop.
- Documenting and providing updates on pre-sales conversations to Calcey’s central sales team in Colombo
- Working with Calcey’s central sales team in Colombo to prepare sales presentations, time and cost estimates, contracts etc. to share with pre-sales prospects
- Liaising between clients based in USA and Calcey’s team in Colombo and working from client’s offices when required, for meetings, workshops etc.
- Independently managing the sales pipeline created by own activity with timely follow-ups and providing Calcey’s management visibility into this activity by maintaining up-to-date CRM records and cadence calls
- Proposing, implementing and managing new marketing activities to engage new prospects and introduce Calcey’s brand to new audiences
- Ability to understand, adapt, initiate, implement process, and operate in a changing and sometimes undefined environment
- Analytical thinking and planning, communication, problem-solving, good judgment, and the ability to influence others positively is required
- Ability to effectively communicate even when the information is sensitive/difficult
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ethical, Courageous, Transparent, Imaginative, Candid, and Responsible
Applicants should be able to live and work in the USA.
The selected candidate can look forward to an attractive remuneration package, including commissions on new sales secured.
If interested, please send your resume to (named in firstname_lastname format) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title “Manager – US Sales and Key Accounts” as the Subject.
Calcey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.