Intern - Project Manager
Calcey is a global boutique software product engineering firm with offices in the USA, Singapore, and Sri Lanka. For two decades, we have delivered bespoke digital products for startups, SMEs, and global corporations including PayPal, Stanford University, and the Wikimedia Foundation. Recognized as one of the best workplaces in the IT/ITeS sector, we take pride in nurturing a culture where passion thrives. Calcey’s Colombo office requires an Intern – Project Manager.
What You'll Do
You will be able to gain valuable experience in how to plan/manage/execute projects with hands-on work done in collaboration with experienced project managers. This will be a training opportunity to work on actual client projects where you will be exposed to every aspect of the software development lifecycle from requirements gathering to the final delivery. The chosen candidate will be entrusted with the following tasks.
- Work with the project management team to understand/learn the frameworks/processes involved in managing projects
- Work with other project managers in managing projects, overseeing and tracking the progress jointly
- Assist in preparing project documentation and work with other Project Managers and Business Analysts in capturing project requirements
- Organize and track work items, prepare daily/weekly project status reports
- Provide consistent updates to all project stakeholders, and escalate any issues promptly
- Work closely with the project management team in learning the tools used in managing projects, use those tools to track the progress, and escalate any issues that you will see
- Organize and schedule meetings, track the action items, and follow them up closely
- Manage one or more project teams with the help of a senior project manager, and escalate any resourcing issues the team may have
- Identify project scope, risks, constraints, dependencies, assumptions, and deadlines
- Perform any other duties as required by the project management team
We Expect You To Have
- Must be a responsible and committed individual who takes pride in the end results
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English with sound conversational skills – listening, asking questions, and taking notes
- Be a university degree holder or a self-learner, we welcome anyone who is passionate about project management and its best practices
It's Great If You Have
- Ability to understand, adapt, initiate, implement processes, and operate in a changing and sometimes undefined environment
- Analytical thinking and planning, communication, problem-solving, good judgment, and the ability to influence others positively is required
- Ability to effectively communicate even when the information is sensitive/difficult
- Demonstrate the ability to multitask, manage multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ethical, Courageous, Transparent, Imaginative, Candid, and Responsible
Compensation: A highly attractive compensation package pegged to the US dollar awaits the right individual.
Calcey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.