Senior Software Engineers - Node.js
Calcey is a global boutique software product engineering firm with offices in the USA, Singapore, and Sri Lanka. For two decades, we have delivered bespoke digital products for startups, SMEs, and global corporations including PayPal, Stanford University, and the Wikimedia Foundation. Recognized as one of the best workplaces in the IT/ITeS sector, we take pride in nurturing a culture where passion thrives. Calcey’s Colombo office requires a Senior Software Engineer – NodeJs
What You'll Do
This is a hands-on role that includes planning, designing, coding, debugging, testing, deployment and team leadership. In addition, the position will require interfacing with other internal and external technology stakeholders.
We Expect You To Have
- High proficiency & hands-on experience in developing back-ends with Node.js.
- Experience with Express.js, Sequelize, or Mongoose
- Experience building AWS Lambda functions with Node.js
- Experience working with Relational or NoSQL databases
- Experience in cloud-based services in AWS or Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge and experience in Architectural and Design Patterns
- Thorough in Object Oriented Design
- Experience building front-ends with React or Angular will be a plus
- 2+ years of hands-on industry experience
- Willingness to learn different programming paradigms, languages, and technologies is a requirement
It's Great If You Have
- Ability to understand, adapt, initiate, implement processes, and operate in a changing and sometimes undefined environment
- Analytical thinking and planning, communication, problem-solving, good judgment, and the ability to influence others positively is required
- Ability to effectively communicate even when the information is sensitive/difficult
- Demonstrate the ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ethical, Courageous, Transparent, Imaginative, Candid, and Responsible
Compensation: A highly attractive compensation package pegged to the US dollar awaits the right individual.
Calcey is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.