Senior Software Engineer - .NET
Calcey is a global boutique software product engineering firm with offices in the USA, Singapore, and Sri Lanka. For two decades, we have delivered bespoke digital products for startups, SMEs, and global corporations including PayPal, Stanford University, and the Wikimedia Foundation. Recognized as one of the best workplaces in the IT/ITeS sector, we take pride in nurturing a culture where passion thrives. Calcey’s Colombo office requires a Senior Software Engineer – .NET.
What You'll Do
This is a hands-on role that includes planning, designing, coding, debugging, testing, deployment, and team leadership. In addition, the position will require interfacing with other internal and external technology stakeholders.
We Expect You To Have
- High proficiency & hands on experience in ASP.NET Core, Entity Framework Core
- Familiarity with any of the databases – MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Thorough in Object Oriented Design and implementation
- Experience with cloud based services in AWS or Azure
- Knowledge and experience in Software Architecture and Design Patterns
- Experience in working with, Search Engines and Message Queues is a plus
- 3+ years hands on industry experience
- Be a university degree holder or a self-learner, we welcome anyone who is passionate about software engineering principles and best practices
- Willingness to learn different programming paradigms, languages, and technologies is a requirement
- Good verbal and written communication skills
It's Great If You Have
- Ability to understand, adapt, initiate, implement processes, and operate in a changing and sometimes undefined environment
- Analytical thinking and planning, communication, problem-solving, good judgment, and the ability to influence others positively is required
- Ability to effectively communicate even when the information is sensitive/difficult
- Demonstrate the ability to multitask, manage multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ethical, Courageous, Transparent, Imaginative, Candid, and Responsible
Compensation: A highly attractive compensation package pegged to the US dollar awaits the right individual.
Calcey is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.