Chief of Staff to the CEO
Calcey is a global boutique software product engineering firm with offices in the USA, Singapore, and Sri Lanka. For two decades, we have delivered bespoke digital products for startups, SMEs, and global corporations including PayPal, Stanford University, and the Wikimedia Foundation. Recognized as one of the best workplaces in the IT/ITeS sector, we take pride in nurturing a culture where passion thrives. Calcey’s Colombo office requires a Chief of Staff to the CEO.
What We’re Looking For
As the Chief of Staff to the CEO, you will work closely with the CEO to get twice as much done with supreme attention to detail at all times. You must be able to methodically work through everyday operational work, as well as solve problems on the fly by employing street smarts and common sense.
We’re looking for someone who is energetic and entrepreneurial, and has 2-4 years of experience in an operational capacity. Experience doesn’t need to be directly relevant to the role, but an ability to deal with day to day operations of a hyperactive CEO’s office is a must. In this role, you will get the opportunity to work alongside an experienced business person with varied interests ranging from IT to Tourism.
The ability to maintain utmost confidentiality with regard to sensitive matters is an absolute must.
What You'll Do
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead multiple organizations/projects including follow-ups with key stakeholders.
- Represent the CEO in meetings, by email, and phone calls with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide administrative assistance, such as by filtering emails, organizing events, compiling and preparing reports, notes, and correspondence
- Act as a first point of contact and handle key correspondence and phone calls
- Manage the CEO’s calendar and prioritize their time and schedule, while keeping them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities both at work and at home
- Liaise with staff, suppliers, and clients as required
- Maintain accurate, confidential files and data records.
- Plan and manage travel arrangements including visa filings, air tickets, and lodging
- All other secretarial, operational, and administrative duties as and when required
We Expect You To Have
- The ability to learn fast, analyze thoroughly, and solve problems quickly
- Excellent planning, multi-tasking, time management, administration, and organizational skills to meet strict deadlines
- The ability to think things through with logic, precision, and strict attention to detail
- A love for being at the heart of a business and helping someone to be organized to free up their time
- The ability to proactively research and find information and enjoy preparing reports
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks, to work extra hours to meet deadlines, and be able to travel when required
- A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and dealing with people
It's Great If You Have
- Ability to understand, adapt, initiate, implement processes, and operate in a changing and sometimes undefined environment
- Analytical thinking and planning, communication, problem-solving, good judgment, and the ability to influence others positively is required
- Ability to effectively communicate even when the information is sensitive/difficult
- Demonstrate the ability to multitask, manage multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ethical, Courageous, Transparent, Imaginative, Candid, and Responsible
Compensation: A highly attractive compensation package pegged to the US dollar awaits the right individual.
Calcey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.