Vice President ofSoftware Engineering
Overview of Role
This is a unique executive leadership opportunity in that you will be very “hands on” with regard to our projects’ technical architecture and design. You will have the challenge of balancing the tactical, immediate needs of our clients and their products, while also directing the broader vision of engineering at Calcey. This is an ideal role for someone who loves leading others while not being abstracted from the daily joy of designing and coding apps.
As our VP of Software Engineering, you will drive the execution of our development pipeline and foster innovation in technology and development processes. By leading a team of over 60 dev and test engineers, you will foster a talented, high-performing cross-functional team. You will set the vision for how our software is architected, engineered, tested, and released to our customers. Specifically, you will cultivate a culture that drives the results of reducing technical debt, eliminating dependencies, and streamline our code. You will also create the means to introduce, test, and integrate new technologies into our products, enhancing them continuously.
- Work with client product management and delivery managers to understand product requirements and architect secure, scalable solutions
- Lead an agile team of engineers
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in technology and product roadmap discussions
- Mentor and coach team members to foster ongoing skills development
- Ability to work with geographically distributed teams
Skills & Qualifications
- 8+ years experience designing and executing enterprise class products
- High proficiency & hands on technical leadership some of the following technologies:
- Mobile App Engineering – iOS, Android, Windows, Blackberry
- Web Technologies – HTML5, Ajax, Single Page Apps, Angular, Ionic, React, Backbone, Knockout
- Microsoft Technologies – ASP.NET, WCF, WPF, WF, Web Services, SQL Server
- Open Source Technologies – Node.js, Python, Django, TurboGears, PHP, Zend Framework
- Java Technologies – Spring, Tomcat, JBoss, Java EE, Struts, JSF
- Databases – MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Non-Relational Databases (Elasticsearch, MongoDB)
- Cloud Computing
- Experience working on multiple software projects throughout their full life cycles,
- A deep understanding of Agile development methodologies and DevOps
- Expert on object oriented design, design patterns, data structures
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and strong analytical / problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science
Compensation: A highly attractive compensation package and career awaits the right individual.
If Interested please email your PDF resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title “VP of Software Engineering” as the Subject.
Deadline for Applications: Immediate Opening